Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update and Relay For Life

Hello!!
I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. Things are just ho hum. Madeline had her school program this past week. It was very nice. The kids did a great job.
I've been busy raising money and helping my Relay For Life team "Our Family Tree". I created a facebook page and am excited about attending our first big fund raiser, Scrappin' for a Cure. I have never scrapbooked before but figure I can give it a whirl! I'm not sure yet what project I'm going to take on. I'm actually thinking of trying my hand at creating some cards for friends etc. The ribbon I posted at the top of the blog is for Childhood Cancer Awareness. I have a friend/co-worker whose daughter was diagnosed with cancer two years ago today. Charli has been an inspiration for Madeline as well. This past summer she and the babysitter, Allie held a lemonade stand and donated the proceeds to Childhood Cancer Treatment and Awareness. I've lost many other loved ones as well and honor all of them in this endeavor. My sister's father-in-law has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and given 6 months. In December we lost Roger David when he lost his battle with cancer after 3 three years of fighting. And the list goes on.... I really do have plenty to fight for and remember. So keep posted as I share more thoughts and ways you can help our team, "sow the seeds of help."
We are looking forward to Spring. We grilled tonight and are going to the "lake" tomorrow. And so it begins the ritual of spending time at the lake.....
This week is Madeline's spring break. We have no big plans as we want to spend some vacation time later this summer. But I am taking Wednesday off to take Lillian to see a "Dora the Explorer" Live stage show. She is very excited and is hoping to talk to Dora. I'll keep you posted.
Anyways, other news: We are excited for Roger and Mandy as they are expecting twins!! We are praying for Chris' grandfather who had a terrifying accident on a ditch witch. We keep Janelle and her family in our prayers. We are thankful Lillian was not as seriously ill as we thought last week when I rushed to the ER. I thought she was experiencing an asthma attack and since this was the first time I had seen her struggle with this I ended up rushing her to the ER. In the end just a really bad virus.
This probably wasn't too exciting but I think there will be lots to write about soon!!
Take Care and don't let those sneaky little green guys get the better of you!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that Lillian was alright! scary when your kids are sick. I hioe you scrap goes good and you make lots of money, caution scrapbooking is addictive. Max always like looking at the pictures. We lost Max to lung cancer and i have several family members batteling this horrible disease now, pray they find a cure! let me know how things go! have a good time at the lake! Take care talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad tha Lillian is okay sure is scary when your kids have to be taken to the er. hope you scrap goes good, it is so addictve though. let me know how it goes. we lost MaX to lung cancer and have a family member who is a surviver and a couple other who are batteling this terrible disease, i pray they find a cure soon. hope you have a good time at the lake! take care i will talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that Lillian was okay it is always so scary when you have to take one of your kids to the ER. hope your scrap goes good and you make lots of money! it is so addictive. we lost Max to lung cancer and i have one cousin that is a surviver of colon cancer, an aunt batteling lukemia and a cousin also batteling colon cancer. i pray they find a cure for this devestating disease soon. hope that you have a good trip to the lake. take care will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad that Lillian was okay it is always so scary when you have to take one of your kids to the ER. hope your scrap goes good and you make lots of money! it is so addictive. we lost Max to lung cancer and i have one cousin that is a surviver of colon cancer, an aunt batteling lukemia and a cousin also batteling colon cancer. i pray they find a cure for this devestating disease soon. hope that you have a good trip to the lake. take care will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad that Lillian was okay it is always so scary when you have to take one of your kids to the ER. hope your scrap goes good and you make lots of money! it is so addictive. we lost Max to lung cancer and i have one cousin that is a surviver of colon cancer, an aunt batteling lukemia and a cousin also batteling colon cancer. i pray they find a cure for this devestating disease soon. hope that you have a good trip to the lake. take care will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delanie...love the gold ribbon! Thank you for helping to raise awareness to these kiddos!! It really does mean alot!

    Sounds like the next few days will be great lake weather, hope you don't come down with something and call in sick on one of those 70 degree days ;-) (kidding Jill!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for the scrapbook event...it should be a lot of fun! I'm glad Lillian is feeling better...it's always scary to go to the ER. Have fun at the Dora show ~ if she gets a chance to talk to her tell her hi from Emma & Abbie!

    ReplyDelete